CareerPlug provides innovative recruiting and HR software for over 14,000 growing companies. Our applicant tracking platform helps companies make better hires to have the right people in place to build a successful business.
What are we looking for?
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be an impactful member of our product design team, working to solve problems, lead with data, and build simple yet exceptional user experiences. You will own projects from start to finish, collaborating with developers to define solutions for product pitches and execute them.
The right match for this position is above all a listener, a learner, and a teacher. You want to collaborate, you love to learn new things, and you are interested in mentoring others. Ultimately you take an outcomes-focused approach to product thinking and use data to drive decisions. You are user-focused, self-motivated, and hungry to make an impact at a growing company.
- Design intuitive solutions to business problems faced by CareerPlug’s customers
- Deliver high fidelity mockups of potential solutions to engineers and leaders
- Pair with engineers to design and build out product solutions
- Actively participate in design reviews, both presenting and giving feedback
- Conduct customer interviews, shadow client calls, and follow up with NPS respondents
- Perform research to test your work, iterate on it, and validate the final result
- Document communications, finding, and project progress
- Work closely with product leadership to define the what to our why and the overall direction of your product area
- 4+ years of product design and UX experience (Preferred: B2B SaaS)
- Have a strong portfolio of product design, showing an excellent sense of typography, layout, and general design principles
- Strong proficiency in design tools (Figma, Sketch)
- Able to apply the full breadth of your design skillset through, visual design, user research, user flows, interactive design, and prototypes to solve issues
- Proficiency in facilitating user interviews
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to identify growth opportunities and drive them to completion
- Excellent documentation skills
- An understanding of product growth and data-informed design including adoption, conversion, retention, and advocacy
- Preferred: Understanding to proficiency with HTML/CSS
- Work from home (we're fully remote)
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- One-week paid PTO (prestart date)
- Home Office Stipend
- 401(k) Company Match
- Donation Matching
- Early = $100,000 target salary
- Mid = $110,000 target salary
- Advanced = $120,000 target salary
A note on COVID-19 & Remote Work: As of March 2020, our Austin-based team has been working fully remotely. We have transitioned to a Remote First company forever. This role may be filled by either an Austin resident or as a fully remote role for any U.S.-based candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request a reasonable accommodation, applicants should communicate a request when contacted for an interview. All requests should be sent to email@example.com.
Who We Are
CareerPlug's purpose is to empower people to reach their potential. We do that in part by making it easier for our clients to hire and develop the right people. Our proven process allows us to work with over 14,000 growing small businesses. Our applicant tracking and onboarding platforms are designed with user experience in mind: from candidates to hiring managers to leaders.
It Starts With Our People
We believe that people are the heart of our business and are committed to building one of the best places to work--anywhere! To us, that means putting care and purpose into our hiring process, providing meaningful development and training opportunities for our team members (we even have a Growth & Development Manager as a dedicated employee resource), and living our core values every day.
CareerPlug is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse team. Our leadership takes responsibility for creating a safe and welcoming environment built on inclusion and respect for all. Read more about what our employees have to say on our JobSage page where we were also featured as one of Austin's most transparent companies in 2022.
CareerPlug made the decision to be a Remote First company, forever, in the summer of 2020 after working remotely for months because of COVID-19. We know the heart of our business is wherever our employees work--from our space in Austin, to a home office on Lake Michigan, to an outfitted van exploring the American West (true story!). Read our full Remote First Vision.
“My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.”
We have a fierce commitment to living out our core values at CareerPlug. It’s what shapes our culture and community, and shows up in a resolve to be inclusive, and therefore, anti-racist.
We know that racism can be intentional or unintentional, but its existence is dehumanizing to everyone it touches. Our promise is to purposefully identify, discuss, and challenge issues of systemic racism and unconscious bias and the impacts they have on our company and our people. We’ve always fostered a culture of communicating openly, but we know we can continue to do better. We will challenge ourselves to understand and correct inequities and create a “best place to work” for every employee.
We choose to participate in this conversation and affirm our identity as an anti-racist company. We hope you will join us.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)